Sunday, May 13, 2012

Totally Overdrawn - In a GOOD WAY!

Recently I started to watch the new HBO show “Girls” and I have to say, I’m totally hooked. Being safely away from my early twenties, I almost cringe at times watching these girls coming into their own, and fervently hope that I wasn’t nearly so awkward and silly when I was going through many of those same situations. But oh my god is it funny.

At the end of the second episode, as the credits started to roll, a downright catchy tune started to play and I found myself listening to the whole of it with absolute delight. I grabbed my laptop and immediately googled the episode music credits.

Overdrawn, by White Sea. Morgan Kibby’s voice is pitch perfect, clear and just plain lovely. I’ve already listened to it a dozen times. Every single time, the upbeat, sugary pop tune gets me in a great mood and I find myself shaking a leg, even when alone in the living room.

A lot of the time, music has to grow on me - but this is one of the rare ones that I immediately connected to - and one that I’m sure will be on my lifetime playlist as a go-to when I need some happy, smiley fun jams.

No comments:

Post a Comment